Welcome! Bienvenido! We are friendly people who have found a warm church home and a religion that welcomes diversity of thought and belief. We welcome people of all abilities, ages, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and creeds. We have a track record of standing on the side of love, justice, and peace, continuing a tradition of liberal activism that resulted in the founding of Starr King church in 1954.
- We support one another in our search for spiritual and religious meaning, joining together in worship and spiritual growth.
- We strive to foster respect and compassion for all people and a reverence for nature.
- We celebrate life’s joys–nature’s gifts, holiday traditions, the birth and maturation of children, weddings, triumphs of justice, and other major life events.
- We comfort one another in facing life’s sorrows, including illness, the loss of loved ones, the destruction of the natural environment, and the tragedies faced by people both near and far.
- We work, sing, and play together, sharing activities, caring for one another, and taking action to achieve common goals.
- We work for justice in our local community, the larger community, and for the health of our mother Earth.
As Unitarian Universalists, we are diverse in our beliefs about the great mysteries of life–creation, ultimate purpose, life after death. We need not think alike to love alike. We are people with a religious background, people with none, people who believe in a God, people who don’t, and people who let the mystery be.
We welcome you: your whole self, with all your truths and doubts, worries and hopes, knowledge and ignorance, talents and desires, strengths and weaknesses. Join our adventure of faith. Get involved!