Our Service Committees, Groups, and Ministries reflect several of Our Commitments. We faithfully try to be
- A vibrant, dynamic, and diverse community in which meaningful transformative spiritual practice flourishes.
- A congregation that assists and celebrates each individual’s search for truth through the unity of fellowship and common worship.
- A congregation that provides adults and children with a rich array of opportunities for personal and spiritual growth through involvement, leadership, and service to others.
- A caring congregation that warmly welcomes visitors into our spiritual community and lovingly supports our members through crises and transitions.
- A congregation that actively addresses social justice issues, making a real difference in people’s lives through education and action, as well as moral, spiritual and material support.
- A church that actively works to protect the earth and its resources and cultivates a sustainable and aesthetically pleasing environment that enriches our community and spiritual life.
Congregation members interested in joining or assisting any of these groups should simply attend a meeting, or contact the listed group leader. To contact group leaders, members of the church can use information from the Church Directory. How to Use Church Directory
|Anti-Racism Multicultural Alliance (ARMCA)||4th Thursdays, 7 PM, except Nov, Feb, May-- 2nd Sunday, 12 PM (joint with Peace & Justice)||Heidi Green, Beth Ogilvie|
|Buildings Ministry||As needed||Darryl Ray|
|Coffee Ministry||No meetings||Roy Dickerson|
|Grounds Ministry||No meetings||Walt Korus|
|Green Sanctuary Committee||As needed||Colleen Saia|
|Helping Homeless Families (FESCO)||No meetings||Kathryn LaMar|
|Helping Alleviate Poverty (South Hayward Parish)||Monthly meetings||Terri Owen|
|Hospitality and Membership Committee||Fourth Sundays at 12:15 PM||Bob Simoni|
|Interior Ministry||No meetings||Sherry Thomas|
|Interweave||As needed||Ruth Desmidt|
|Pastoral Care Committee||Second Wednesdays at 3:00 PM||Karen Cook|
|Peace and Justice Action Team||Second Sundays after church||Frank Burton|
|Religious Exploration Council||Monthly meetings at varied times||David Middleton|
|Social Committee||Informal meetings||Sandy Simoni and Ray Oducayen|
|Worship Committee||Third Thursdays at 7:00 PM||Guadalupe Middleton|