Starr King Church is seeking a part-time (approx. 20 hours/week) Director of Religious Exploration (DRE). The qualifying candidate will be a well-organized, enthusiastic, caring, and innovative person, excited to work collaboratively with our new interim minister and the RE Council to continue and develop our dynamic Religious Exploration program.
Our growing program provides 15+ children with opportunities to…
- develop a sense of wonder about the world
- explore a wide variety of religious and cultural traditions
- express their thoughts and feelings
- make and display their own creative work
- learn to make responsible, healthy choices
- form lasting friendships with one another
- achieve a sense of group identity and pride in being a UU
DRE Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to use technology including social media
- Highly organized and self-directive
- Energetic, flexible and approachable
- Creative and innovative thinker
Starr King Church is an active, welcoming, multi-generational congregation.
Please email email@example.com to request a full job description or view it on the web. Interested applicants should send a Statement of Interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2014. We hope to welcome our next DRE in September 2014.