Author: Joyce Kinnear
The big news this month is our board is going over the budget and trying to fit our champagne and caviar dreams into a beer and pretzel reality. We are faced with rising costs for things that are needed and we find ourselves sharpening the pencils more often in search of ways to save money.
The good news is that we have had several important budget related events and more are on the way. … Read the rest
For those of you who weren’t at the Martin Luther King Day Gathering at Hayward City Hall, it was a powerful experience. Terri Owen has been the chief organizer of this march for many years and once again the turnout filled the square and the march inspired those we passed in cars and on the sidewalks. Our church was joined by others in the South Hayward Parish in both celebration of how far we have … Read the rest
The holidays are almost upon us, but the board is still at work. We have been busy with the grounds.
- Bob Britton has been instrumental in having some trees trimmed at our southern perimeter.
- Working with Walt Korus and Dave Middleton, the playground has a fresh covering of wood mulch.
- Preparations are being made to remove Ornea Cottage.
- There are other repairs that the Board is reviewing as well.
- A group is looking at establishing