Purpose: To encourage creative expression, fellowship, and contribute to worship services
Membership and Meetings: Anyone who loves to sing is welcome to join the choir. Practice is 9:00 – 10:00 AM on most Sundays. The choir also welcomes anyone who can read music and play very basic piano, even badly, to assist with practices.
The choir performs songs as part of worship services approximately once each month. Songs with three- or four-part harmonies are often used. Practices include warm up exercises and tips on producing better voice quality, as well as practicing songs to optimize pitch, dynamics, and articulation. Suggestions from Choir members are often incorporated to increase the diversity of sound.
Job Description for Choir Co-Directors (Lea Casini and Nancy Harrison)
- In cooperation with the Minister and Worship Committee, select and obtain appropriate musical selections
- Ensure that sheet music is available for each choir member and the accompanist
- Ensure that someone is available to direct each choir practice
- Arrange musical accompaniment when possible
- Request an annual budget allocation to pay for sheet music and accompaniment
- Prepare an annual report