Children and Youth
Our RE Program
Are you looking for a church home for your children that provides them with the resources to develop their own spiritual values? We warmly invite you to check out our Sunday Religious Exploration classes for school-age children. Our primary resource is the Tapestry of Faith program from the Unitarian Universalist Association. It’s not classwork! Our RE team engages our younger members in discussion, crafts, music, gardening, scientific experiments, field trips, service projects, and more. We have a lot of fun and some deep conversations.
Our program offers:
- a friendly, open, and accepting environment
- truth-seeking, spirituality, and progressive moral values
- deeper understanding of world religions
- reason, creativity, and autonomy rather than a rigid approach
- sensitivity and humor about the difficult questions of life and growing up
- participation in environmentalism and social justice projects
For more information, please contact the church office or the Director of Religious Exploration, Allison Prout, at email@example.com.
If you’ve already decided that you want your children to attend regularly, please help us plan by registering them for RE online:
Our Church Home
Almost every Sunday the kiddos are invited to gather at the front of the Sanctuary for a Story for All Ages. After the story, the congregation sings a special song while they head to the Fellowship Hall for Religious Exploration.The class is always led by at least two experienced volunteers from the congregation.
Once a month, we have a multigenerational service when the children stay in the Sanctuary. Usually these services are for special occasions with lots of singing and storytelling. We love for the kids to get involved in our traditions and celebrations. You and your kids are so welcome in our friendly community.
UU Kids’ Principles
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.