Looking for new members for the Starr King UU Church Board of Trustees and Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates who are willing and able to serve and help guide our congregation closer to our shared values in this rapidly changing world. If you feel called to serve our congregation in this important way, you are invited to review the descriptions of responsibilities for the Board of Trustees and the Nominating Committee, then fill out this brief nomination form.
If you would like to receive these materials in another format (such as PDF or US mail) or have questions, please contact the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board of Trustees and the Nominating Committee are important working organs of our church. The positions require thought and creativity. They also offer opportunities for deeper connection and the satisfaction of meaningful service to our beloved community.
Again: If at all interested, reply to email@example.com or send mail to: Starr King Unitarian Universalist Church, 22577 Bayview Ave., Hayward CA 94541.
Purpose: To ensure that church leadership positions are held by well qualified, trustworthy individuals
Membership and Meetings: Members are nominated by the previous Nominating Committee. Positions are held for two year terms. Meetings are held as needed.
- Prepare a list of candidates for positions on the Board of Trustees and Nominating Committee prior to the Annual Meeting of the congregation
- Announce the nominations at the Annual Meeting
- Help to fill any positions that become vacant during the year
- Prepare an Annual Report
Job Description of Committee Chair
- Prepare agendas for and chair meetings of the Committee
- Ensure that all committee responsibilities are met