Are you looking for a church that inspires your children to develop their own spiritual values? We warmly invite you to learn more about our SoUUlful Family program. From infants to teenagers, we offer children:
- a friendly and accepting environment
- deeper understandings of world religions
- reason, creativity, and autonomy
- sensitivity to the difficult questions of life and growing up
- participation in environmental and social justice projects
The Starr King church building is closed right now, but we are still connecting with families at home. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining our weekly email list with videos, crafts, projects, and more.
What to expect when we can safely gather in person again:
Childcare is available for infants and toddlers. Our sound system is set up so that parents with small children can enjoy the service in a comfortable living room setting in the Fellowship Hall, if they wish. But babies are also welcome to remain in the sanctuary for the entire service.
Almost every Sunday the children are invited to gather at the front of the Sanctuary for a Story for All Ages. After the story, the congregation sings a special song while they head to the Fellowship Hall for SoUUlful Family adventures. The class is always led by at least two experienced volunteers from the congregation.
Once a month, we have a multigenerational service when the children stay in the Sanctuary. Usually these services are for special occasions with lots of singing and storytelling. We love for the kids to get involved in our traditions and celebrations!
UU Kids’ Principles
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.