Regathering: Care for All – No One Left Behind
On 29 August 2021 we will gather for In-person and Virtual Worship
Out of an abundance of caution, and a belief in our values and science, The Board of Trustees at its meeting of 1 July affirmed that we would Regather for in-person and virtual worship on Sunday, 29 August 2021.
The following will continue to guide our work:
- Values of Love, Inclusion, justice, safety, and to do no harm.
- Protect the vulnerable among us – We will not contribute to community spread of COVID-19.
- Belief in Good Science – continue to review new information for spikes and new CDC Guidelines.
- Full transparency about our decision making process.
- Deep listening.
To that end, we will:
- Encourage those who can be vaccinated, to do so.
- Gather with a special Blessing Ceremony.
- Require masks for all persons who attend in-person worship.
- Provide Hand sanitizer.
- Sing wearing masks.
There is no simple, easy way, or perfect way to navigate this unchartered territory. To prepare ourselves for Regathering, we will during the next few months:
- Be patient with “glitches” and not expect perfection
- Review UUA guidelines and suggestions for high quality multi-platform worship
- Explore new equipment, personnel, etc. to maintain quality virtual and in-person worship
- Hear your ideas for worship as we return
- Do a deep cleaning and sanitizing of our internal space.
Stay tuned for Project Teams to share the tasks of creating a welcoming space for our return.
Please direct any questions to Roy Dickerson at email@example.com
Adopted by the Board of Trustees on 1 July 2021