Starr King is committed to supporting our families and inspiring our youth. From infants to teenagers, we offer children:
- a safe and accepting space to be their authentic selves
- participation in caring for our world through environmental and social justice projects
- opportunities to express themselves in many and meaningful ways
- tools for de-stressing and feeling anchored in today’s busy world
- deeper understanding of liberal religious values, faith, and philosophical traditions
- sensitivity to the difficult questions of life and growing up
We are excited to welcome families into the space we’ve designed for creativity, learning, and living our values. Here are some basics to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Babies are always welcome to stay in the sanctuary, but we also have a comfortable couch and speakers in the Fellowship Hall if you want to step out for awhile.
- During most services, children head over to the Hall for activities led by our Director of Religious Exploration. Other services are multigenerational, with special themes and celebrations.
- Our vision is that children and youth are included in church services, activities, leadership, and service.