Purpose: To raise funds for the church, while encouraging relaxation, fellowship, and personal growth
Membership and Meetings: Everyone is welcome. The weekend costs money, but, because of group rates, the package costs less than you would be able to book privately. There are no meetings except one non-mandatory group meal during the weekend.
Every year a group of church members and others enjoy a weekend at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon. The weekend includes lodging, three plays, (one Shakespeare and two more contemporary offerings) a group dinner, a question and answer session with one of the actors, and perhaps a welcome party (no promises). Arrangements are made by the Ashland Weekend Leader. Dates and costs are publicized each year.
Job Description for Ashland Weekend Leader (Terri Owen)
- For a March trip, start planning in September. Make all arrangements with the Shakespeare Festival and the Plaza Inn Hotel. Calculate the cost per person based on information from each.
- Place deposits for Festival/Hotel.
- Create and send invitation leaflet with details, costs, and deadlines.
- Collect deposits and finalize numbers for the Festival and Hotel.
- Collect final payments and send checks to Festival/Hotel.
- Make arrangements for one communal dinner at a local restaurant.
- Receive tickets from the Festival and assign seating.
- Distribute tickets.
- Perhaps arrange a welcome party (optional)
- Make yourself available in Ashland to coordinate and do any problem solving.