Guidelines and Tips for Crafting Announcements for the Sunday Bulletin and Website
- Please email announcements to email@example.com. The deadline is Wednesday at 10 a.m. for appearance the following Sunday.
- Do not send your announcement as an attachment to your email. Do type your announcement in the body of your email.
- The first line of your announcement will be the “headline” (bolded and underlined), so consider what it is you want to announce.
- Events must include a title, date, time, and location.
- Announcements should be brief and to the point, not “chatty.” Please keep yours under 75 words, The shorter your announcement is, the more likely it is to be read and understood. Keep adjectives and adverbs to a minimum. Announcements may be edited.
- Assume your announcement is being read by a first-time visitor to church. Spell out acronyms.
- Please include a contact name and email address or phone number if people may want to contact you.
The Announcement Policy lists other ways to get announcements out to the church membership.