Ways of Knowing
Rev. María Cristina Vlassidis Burgoa
What is our understanding of knowledge and knowledge production within the context of religion and spirituality? What are prevailing assumptions and expectations about what constitutes an “intellectual” sermon? Join us as we reflect on the intersection between Theology as an academic discipline and the religious and spiritual dimensions of people’s lived experiences.
- Christmas Eve Service ONLY in the Evening October 12, 2017 Because Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday this year, there will be NO service at 10:30 a.m. Instead there will be a special evening service beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- The Flaming Chalice, October 2017 September 29, 2017 Get the October Newsletter.
- Lessons on Using Website October 2, 2016 Wondering if you're missing something good on the website? Or if there's anything on the website that's right for you? And how can you find it? Or who to complain to if you don't like it?
- Hallowe'en Game Night
- 10/21/2017 - 6:30 PM - Starr King UU Church
- Adult Religious Education: The New UU - How We Grow in Faith
- 11/12/2017 - 12:00 PM - Starr King UU Church
- FESCO Thanksgiving Luncheon
- 11/17/2017 - 12:00 PM - Eden United Church of Christ
- Final Fellowship Celebration
- 11/18/2017 - 4:00 PM - Starr King UU Church
- Starr King Thanksgiving Dinner is NOT at 1:00 AM
- 11/23/2017 - 1:00 AM - Starr King UU Church
When I first started coming to Starr King, it was because my dad wanted to find a church, I was just his ride. My dad had Asperger’s Syndrome, something we didn’t understand when I was growing up. I just knew I was often ashamed of my father’s unusual behavior. Here at church, Dad would respond to the minister out loud during services, comment loudly about songs the congregation or choir sang, and sometimes even break into song himself. Read the full testimonial.