A Seat at the Welcome Table
Michelle Ma, a Ministerial student at the Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley where she also attends the First Unitarian Church of Oakland. She joined her first UU church in 2010 and has embraced it wholeheartedly as a faith that welcomes all and that proclaims the good news that there can be justice in the more »
- Lessons on Using Website October 2, 2016 Wondering if you're missing something good on the website? Or if there's anything on the website that's right for you? And how can you find it? Or who to complain to if you don't like it?
- Adult Religious Education: Exploring Unitarian Universalist Roots
- 10/15/2017 - 12:00 PM - Starr King UU Church
- Adult Religious Education: The New UU - How We Grow in Faith
- 11/12/2017 - 12:00 PM - Starr King UU Church
When I first started coming to Starr King, it was because my dad wanted to find a church, I was just his ride. My dad had Asperger’s Syndrome, something we didn’t understand when I was growing up. I just knew I was often ashamed of my father’s unusual behavior. Here at church, Dad would respond to the minister out loud during services, comment loudly about songs the congregation or choir sang, and sometimes even break into song himself. Read the full testimonial.