An LGBTQAI+ Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, asexual, intersex, and others at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm acts of caring without regard for sexual orientation
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of LGBTQAI+ people throughout all of our programs, including religious education
- affirm and celebrate LGBTQAI+ issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for LGBTQAI+ people – promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society